Course 1, Lesson 3
Follow directions on Page 23.
- It is optional but recommended that you bring a glue stick. A "Repositionable" glue stick (found in the scrapbooking aisle) works the best.
- Bring in extra powdered sugar and a water bottle just in case we need to fix your consistencies.
- You will be making 2 batches of class buttercream icing (one batch medium and one batch thin) for this class. Color icing at home as listed on page 23. Follow Class Buttercream recipe on page 7 with the alterations we discussed in class 1.
- Please do the "spatula test" (bottom of page 7) to check if your icing consistencies are correct.
- Bring your icings to class in airtight containers. Sandra needs to check your consistencies before you fill your bags.
- Prepare your bags at home with the tips and couplers. Do not fill the bags. After Sandra checks your icing consistencies, you can fill your bags in class:
Light Blue - with coupler, tip 18
Dark Blue - with coupler, tip 16
Yellow (or color of your choice for making flowers) - with coupler, tip 233
Yellow (or color of your choice) - NO coupler, tip 2D
White - with coupler, tip 3 [will switch with 12 & 21]
White - NO coupler, tip 1M
- Don't try to put the bismark (long) tip in a bag. Sandra will show you how to do that one in class.
Optional: The Wilton helps keep your multiple icing bags organized in class, and also has a spot to put your flower/cupcake nails.